Friday, May 23, 2008

My Hope




Sometimes out of laziness, I just put up a video or write something from the scriptures really quick to maintain this blog. I feel as if I'm not pushing myself harder with this chance to really open up and express what different realizations I'm going through. This week has been like a dream. So many distractions that seemed to get in the way of hearing, chanting and my service. What happens is these distractions turn into habits. These habits then turn into a dependency. The dependency is based on comfort. We become attached to feeling comfortable and secure. Most of the time, this comfortable feeling makes a spiritually lazy. No longer is there a real need to cry out to the Lord for His mercy. No longer is there a need to pray because everything is going okay. We forget that this world is not our home. We attempt to make everything nice creating an illusion that we'll never die. Hurricanes, earthquakes, wars, crime, and so many other things keep popping up reminding us that our time here is limited. We have this great gift called the human life. This life allows us to seek self realization. Self realization is to know God and to know God is to know our self. We are the eternal servants of God or Krishna, and Krishna is the most beautiful Supreme Personality of Godhead that wants to have an intimate relationship with us more than we want one with Him.
So, in retrospect, I have a lot on my mind and want to bring the good out. I want to focus on what's really important.

"O my Lord, I do not have any love for You, nor am I qualified for discharging devotional service by chanting and hearing. Nor do I possess the mystic power of a Vaisnava, knowledge or pious activities. Nor do I belong to a very high caste family. On the whole, I do not possess anything. Still, O beloved of the gopis, because You bestow Your mercy on the most fallen, I have an unbreakable hope that is constantly in my heart. That hope is always giving me pain."
-Taken from the Bhakti-Rasamrta-Sindhu by Srila Rupa Goswami

No comments: