Saturday, April 26, 2008

Prayers To Be Absorbed In Spiritual Love






"Oh Allah!
I am Your servant,
son of Your male servant,
and son of Your female servant;
my forehead is in Your Hand;
Your judgement is exact;
Your decision about me is just;
I ask You by every name of Yours which You have called Yourself,
or revealed in a book of Yours,
or taught to any of Your servants,
or reserved within Your unrevealed knowledge,
to make the Qu'ran a spring to my heart,
a light in my chest,
that it removes my sadness,
and erase my anguish."
-Prophet Muhammad

"Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love,
Where there is injury, pardon,
Where there is doubt, faith,
Where there is despair, hope,
Where there is darkness, light,
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that i may not so much
seek to be consoled as to console,
not so much to be understood as to understand,
not so much to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
it is in dying that we awake to eternal life."
-Saint Francis


"Let your love flow outward through the universe,
To its height, its depth, its broad extent,
A limitless love, without hatred or enmity.
Then as you stand or walk,
Sit or lie down,
As long as you are awake,
Strive for this one-pointed mind,
Your life will bring heaven to earth."
-The Buddha


"I will make a bed of the reddish lotus flower petals and request the young Divine Couple to come and sit. The enchanting lotus faces of Shyama, who resembles a blue sapphire, and Radha, who resembles gold, are decorated with sandalwood paste.

"O Queen of my life, Shri Radha, when will You show compassion on me so that Your on order I will bring varieties of flowers and hear Your sweet conversations.

"I will make vermillion with musk and decorate Your foreheads, and smear sandalwood on Your bodies. I will make garlands of malati flowers and adorn them on Your necks, and then I will drive away the bees.

"When will Lalita give me a camara to gently fan away the perspiration from Their bodies and watch Them with jubilation?

"Narottama das desires to drink the sweet nectar of service to Their lotus feet. When will that day come that I will only see Their Lordships and nothing else?" -Narottama das Thakur, Prarthana 50

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what beautiful prayers! I especially liked the one by Saint Francis. Srila Prabhupada had a similar mood of "being the instrument", as can be seen in the following prayer:

“Somehow or other, O Lord, You have brought me here to speak about You. Now, my Lord, it is up to You to make me a success or failure as You like.

O Lord, I am just like a puppet in Your hands. So if You have brought me here to dance, then make me dance, make me dance, O Lord, make me dance as You like.

I have no devotion, nor do I have any knowledge, but I have strong faith in the holy name of Krsna. I have been designated as Bhaktivedanta, and now, if You like, You can fulfill the real purport of Bhaktivedanta.”

His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada
- Composed aboard the ship Jaladuta 1965 on arrival into the USA.

Jaya Kesava Das said...

Bal Gopal das!
Whats up my friend. I didn't know you liked Rumi. I've read his poetry forever now. Anyways, just came across your blog aftr reading Gaura's.
Nice to see you writing. It keeps the mind going, which means ready when change comes. Yes A change is taking place for all of us. I just returned to America and will be seeing you hopefully soon.
Ys
Kesh