Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Today

Searching and striving. Struggling and surviving.
Today so many thoughts have been rushing through my head.
To be humble, to be spiritual.
Why do I have to be like this? Why can't I just run through life screaming and parading without cares or worries?
After a brief moment of losing myself in dreams and memories,
I slowly come back around. The love that I have felt. The experience of God in my life.
The thrill of being in kirtan, playing the drum with sweat pouring down your face.
Singing out the holy name with enthusiasm.
Today was one of those days to really reflect on gratitude.
When you're grateful the littlest things pop out and make life worth dying for.
By Guru's mercy I'm able to chant the holy name. When I see my daughter playing her cymbals
and touching the Lord's feet, I can't do anything but smile.
Sentimental?
Today was one of those days that I saw through a lot of my faults.
No sentiment. Just seeing how merciful Radha-Krishna have been to me.
Now what can I do back?

No comments: